Decked out in an array of circles, nestled in the midst of stunning natural terrain, Satara restcamp finds itself located in the center of one of the Kruger Park's most diverse and vibrant areas. Here the starlit evenings come alive with the call of the nocturnal wild, the sounds of the birds nesting in the leafy trees and a plethora of soothing ambient noises as you relish in the atmosphere of a fun braai with family and friends and the memories of a fantastic day in the wild.
Accommodation in comfortable bungalows with kitchens, air-conditioning and en-suite bathrooms are provided for your relaxation.
Further exciting attractions include the Patel and Sweni Bird Hides and wildlife films screened almost every evening except Sundays.
The area is extremely popular with the big cats, as well as buffalo, rhino and elephant herds. Satara Restcamp's perimeter enjoys nightly visits from hyena and fruit bats.
Satara Rest Camp Facilities:
- Information at Reception
- Public Telephone
- Post Box
- Communal ablutions
- Swimming Poolwith children's playground
- Filling Station
- Communal Kitchens
- Cutlery and Plates Hampers (from Reception)
- Basic First Aid Assistance
- TVs (limited DSTV) available in family bungalows only
- DSTV (limited channels) only available in Guest Houses
- Day Visitors Picnic Area with Boma on perimeter of camp/li>
- Cellphone reception